J. Kirby & Co. Inc., Chartered Professional Accountants was founded by Janet Kirby, MACS, BAccS, CPA, CGA, in 1990. Since then, the firm has grown to include two more Chartered Professional Accountants.
We provide services and support to many owner-managed and family-owned businesses, not-for-profit organizations, individuals, and Estates and family trusts in the Okanagan Valley and western Canada.
The values that guide us:
- To act with honesty and integrity in all that we do.
- To develop and maintain relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- To continually pursue excellence.
- To protect confidentiality in all of our relationships.
- To give of our time and financial resources to our community.
- These values guide our personal and corporate behaviour, our relationships with clients, suppliers, our community, and each other.
- That our purpose is to translate clients’ financial information into effective business and life decisions.
- That providing quality service and advice is essential for both our clients’ long-term success and for our long-term success.
- That our people are the foundation of our business, and that technology is the framework. Therefore, continued investment in both is critical.
- That life-long learning and continued professional development is a necessity.
- That while maintaining profitability allows us to invest in the long-term growth of our business, it is not the only factor that defines our success.
On June 24, 2015, the Chartered Professional Accountants Act came into force, officially unifying the three professional accounting bodies in B.C., the Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC (ICABC), the Certified General Accountant Association of BC (CGA-BC), and the Certified Management Accountants Society of BC (CMABC), to establish the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC), one of the largest professional organizations in the province. Provincially, CPABC represents over 35,000 members.
CPABC protects the public interest by:
- Setting and enforcing high professional and ethical standards
- Promoting and increasing competence of members by providing a comprehensive program of ongoing professional development
- Assessing the continuing competency of members
- Enforcing practice standards and rules of professional conduct of students and members
- Providing a means by which complaints can be dealt with in a fair and efficient way by investigating and adjudicating complaints
Did you know that anyone can call themselves an “accountant” or “public accountant”? By choosing a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), you can be assured that your accountant is held to the highest standards.
Janet Kirby, Rosemarie King, and Karen Kopp are all members of the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia, and because of this you can be certain that they have the experience and knowledge to help you achieve success.